Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Circus Girl Rocks the Radio


Rock & Roll Blondes
photos by Liam Breck


Hoopy Birthday!
(click the pic to read his t-shirt!)
I've gone "golden blonde," to join the ecstatic hair flinging with Boston hard rock radio station WAAF. I'm here courtesy of StageCoach Improv with stilts and my hula hoop to set the mood for the Dirty Summer Circus Concert. Guitars peal from huge amps; hands hail the stage; heads begin to nod! At right, a fellow celebrates his birthday, having been merrily cajoled by his friends (and me!) to try my hula hoop. He laughs uproariously during his hooping debut, as people all around applauded his success. The big hula hoops are much easier than the small ones we may have tried as kids. Adults, especially guys, are often amazed to discover that they can keep the hoop spinning!


Seeing Eye to Eye
How do you have a tête-à-tête with someone on stilts? When I stilt at a festival, I carry a pole so I can slide down to eye level for playful conversations. Kids especially enjoy how far I must slide down to reach them. I've also used my pole as a cane for tap dancing on stilts and as a sword for stilt fencing!

No comments: