Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Content Fairy Hits the AIIM Trade Show

The Content Fairy Conjures a Spell for Percussion Software
photo by Liam Breck


Bear Facts
photo by Rob DiNinni
I drop my pink feather boa back onto its hook and pull off the purple bear suit. I'm about to change costumes over my black bodysuit for the 30th time today at the AIIM tech tradeshow. I'm representing StageCoach Improv for Percussion Software, a website content management business. I switch into a skinny blue tube dress, green glasses and star wand; I'm literally embodying Percussion's message: "Fast Changing Content." I tell attending techies that I'm the Content Fairy and get big laughs - everyone in web content wishes the Content Fairy could magically grant users "compelling content experiences," which is Percussion's motto.

I'm also providing interactive juggling and stiltwalking to drive traffic to their booth. There are no other circus people at the tradeshow, other than a couple magicians that I can identify, and some folks head our way when they see my red hat bobbing almost 9 feet in the air. After three days, I have befriended attendees across the industry, most notably by passing hacky-sack sized juggling balls back and forth. My antics are on message: Juggling content!

Towering Over the Competition
photo by Rob DiNinni

No comments: